Pear Class - Reception
Welcome to Pear Class and the beginning of your exciting learning journey here at St Faiths!
In Reception we follow the Early Years Foundation Stage Curriculum which incorporates the areas of learning below:
- Personal, Social and Emotional Development (PSED) – Develops the confidence and independence of children both individually and as part of a group.
- Communication and Language (C&L)– develops children’s ability to communicate effectively through the development of speaking and listening skills.
- Physical Development (PD)– develops children’s skills in fine and gross motor movements, improving control and coordination of the body and help children to learn to move and handle equipment efficiently.
- Literacy– develops early skills in reading and writing and includes phonics.
- Mathematics– develops children’s understanding of number, measurement, shape, space patterns and quantity.
- Understanding the World (UW)– develops children’s understanding of the world around them helping them to investigate their environment, community and use of technology.
- Expressive Arts and Design (EA&D)– children learn to communicate through colour, shape, sound, texture, dance, role play and stories.
Your teacher this year will be Miss Stock and your teaching assistants will be Miss Lyn and Miss Jeanette.
Please read the important information below about your time in Pear Class.